Bienvenidos

¡Hola amigos!

This summer I'll be studying Spanish in Turrialba, Costa Rica, thanks to a generous grant from the Brookline Education Foundation. I'll be posting photos, stories, and fun activities just for you while I'm there. Come explore Central America along with me by following this blog!

Be sure to sign up below for for email alerts so you don't miss any new posts!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

El Dinero de Costa Rica

¡Hola amigos!

One of the fun things about going to another country is getting to use a different kind of money to buy things. Costa Rica has some really beautiful paper money. We'll take a look at it below while we practice some Spanish together. Press the blue "play" button to hear me say the Spanish words, then press it again to practice saying it out loud.

¿De qué color es el dinero?




El dinero es anaranjado, verde, amarillo, y rojo.


And one more colorful bill that I almost forgot!

¿De qué color es el dinero?




El dinero es azul.



As you can see, the money in Costa Rica is very colorful. To me, the best part is that is has a different animal on each bill. Each animal shown on the money lives in Costa Rica — in the wild, not just in zoos! 

The animal on the money that is anaranjado is a colibrí


(In English this is called a hummingbird.)  

The animal on the money that is verde is a perezoso


(In English this is called a sloth.)

The animal on the money that is amarillo is a mono.


(In English this is called a monkey.)

The animal on the money that is rojo is a venado


(In English this is called a deer.)

The animal on the money that is azul is a tiburón



(In English this is called a shark.)

So far I have seen three of these animals here in Costa Rica. Next time I'll tell you which ones, and I will tell you all about the other interesting animals I saw on a tour of the rainforest.

¡Adiós!

No comments:

Post a Comment